Indrapriyatna et al. [1,2] have developed a batch scheduling model. In a model with a discrete batch size, three methods are used to convert batch size to integer. Based on numerical calculations it is found that there is no method that always result in the smallest total cost in every data set. This research is done to try other methods to convert batch size to integer. The approach done is by using the Branch and Bound Algorithm Modification that is adjusted to get scheduling for each batch without changing the number of batch (N) and the number of quantities (q) that are going to be produced. The result is the CSA_Dis_BB Algorithm that gets a discrete (integer) batch size. The implementationed of CSA_Dis_BB Algorithm is done on 7 sets of data from [1,2]. This algorithm does work to produce the smallest total cost.
Content from this work may be used under the terms of the Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 licence. Any further distribution of this work must maintain attribution to the author(s) and the title of the work, journal citation and DOI.
- Indrapriyatna A S, Suprayogi, Iskandar B P and Halim A H 2007a Proceedings of The 1st Asia Pacific Conference on Manufacturing Sistems (Bali, Indonesia) A Batch Scheduling Model for a Single Machine Processing Discrete Parts to Minimize Total Inventory and Quality Costs 5 – 6 September
- Indrapriyatna A S, Suprayogi, Iskandar B P and Halim A H 2007b Model Penjadwalan Batch pada Flowshop untuk Minimasi Biaya Simpan dan Kualitas Jurnal Teknik dan Manajemen Industri ITB 27 142-163
- Halim A H and Ohta H 1993 Batch Scheduling Problem through The Flow Shop with Both Receiving and Delivery Just In Time Int. J.l of Production Research 31 1943-1955
- Halim A H and Ohta H 1994 Batch Scheduling Problems to Minimize Inventory Cost in the Shop with Both Receiving and Delivery Just in Times Int. J. of Production Eco. 33 185-195
- Halim A H, Silalahi J and Ohta H 2001 A Batch Scheduling Model Considering Quality Costs for the Shop with Receiving and Delivery Just in Time Proceeding of the 2001 International Conference on Production Research (Prague Czech Republic, July 29- August 3)
- Buckchin J, Tzur M and Jaffe M 2002 Lot Splitting to Minimize Average Flow-Time in a Two- Machine Flow-shop IIE Transactions 34 953-970
- Baker K R 1974 Introduction to Sequencing and Scheduling (New York: John Wiley & Sons Inc.)
- Brusco M J and Stephanie S 2005 Statistics and Computing : Branch and Bound Applications in Combinatorial Data Analysis (New York: Springer Science+Business Media Inc.)
- Dimyati T T and Dimyati A 2006 Operations Research: Model-model Pengambilan Keputusan (Bandung: Sinar Baru Algensindo)